Great Free Party Games for Groups
For some great free party games, play the all-time favorite party-pleaser, the Charades! This game guarantees to bring lots of fun and laughter to your party!
You Will Need :
- Any number of players
- A hat, a bowl of other container
- Paper and pencil
- A timer
Before the party, write some simple phrases, sentences, or book, movie or song titles (appropriate for your party crowd). If you'll be playing this game at a Christmas party, all the phrases, sentences and movie titles can be Christmas-related. Fold the papers up and place them in a hat, bowl, or other container.
How To Play :
When you're ready to play Charades, divide the guests into two teams and seat them across from one another.
Show the various pantomime signs used in Charades :
- Open hands signify a book title
- A cranking motion (for a pretend camera) signifies a movie title
- Waving a hand before an open mouth signifies a song title
- Cupping a hand behind an ear means "sounds like"
- Holding up one finger means "first word" or the saying (two fingers second word and so on)
- A beckoning motion tells the audience they're close to the right answer
- A pushing away motion tells them they're off base
- Touching the nose indicates a correct response.
Have someone from the first team pick out a slip of paper and silently read the title or phrase. Give this player one to three minutes (depending on the group's ability) to stand up before the group and communicate the information to his team without speaking (the other team may watch the action too).
Then let a player from the second team choose a slip of paper and communicate the information to HIS team, while everyone watches.
Continue to trade off turns in this manner. Record the time it takes each team to get the right answer.
Who Wins :
The team with the least total amount of time wins the game !
Return from Charades to more Free Party Games for Groups
Return to Home Page